Download: Volunteer Application
HELPING OTHERS SEE THE WORLD MORE CREATIVELY
The mission of TheMary Brogan Museum of Art and Science is to stimulate intrest in and understanding of the visual arts, sciences, mathmatics, and technology through experiences that educate and inspire
What do volunteers do at The Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science?
Volunteers support our programs in many areas from creating exhibit materials to giving tours.
Many activities do not require experience or special talents, and we will always train to the task, but extra expertise is always appreciated.
Specific volunteer positions include...
- Education Facilitator - Excite our visitor's brain
Assists Museum Educators in routine duties relating to implementation of ongoing programs and activities that include educational tours, Saturday programs, outreach activities and basic maintenance of exhibits.
- Art Docent - Show your love of art
Acts as roving and guided tour docent providing pertinent information to visitors about exhibit components and art gallery protocol, as well as safeguards artwork.
- Science Explorer - Explore the wonders of science
Acts as roving and guided-tour docent providing pertinent information to visitors about exhibit components and science gallery protocol, as well as safeguards science exhibits.
- Museum Store Facilitator - Join the Friends of The Brogan
Assists Museum Store with retail sales, inventory tracking and merchandise display.
- Administrative Assistant - The real world of museums
Assists management staff in the following areas: member and donor constituency, marketing and public relations, fund raising projects, and executive office.
- Special Events - Help is always needed
Assists staff with exhibition openings and fund raising events.
- Behind the Scenes - Movers and Shakers
Assists exhibition and program staff with components of exhibit change out (i.e. de-installing and installing exhibit components, exhibit crating and shipping, gallery hall preparations) and program development.
Camp “ALL THAT!” - Jr. Camp Assistant Training ProgramFor Teens Entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2010One-Time Training Program Fee: $30 members $50 non-membersVolunteer gains professional experience working in a museum environment with a supportive staff.All Jr. Camp Assistants will be placed in assistant roles for camp sessions with the theme and age-range of their choice, provided space is available. For more information, please visit the Brogan Camp page. To register for the program, contact Aimee Hills-Hayes at 513-0700 ext. 235.
When do volunteers work at the Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science?
- The museum is open 7 days a week, Monday-Saturday from 10-5 and Sunday 1-5.
Where do the volunteers find the Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science?
- The museum is located on Kleman Plaza behind City Hall on the corner of Duval Street and Pensacola. Parking is available at Kleman Plaza
How can you become a volunteer at the Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science?
- Complete the on-line volunteer application and the authorization for release of information and email these documents with a copy of your driver's license to email@example.com. The application will tell us which volunteer position(s) you are interested in filling, as well as, your scheduling availability. A staff person will follow up with you via email communication.